Announcing the release of Mash Made Easy version 9.95

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Announcing the release of 'Mash Made Easy' version 9.95 in both pounds/gallons/Lovibond and fully Metric formats. MME is primarily a mash pH adjustment assistant spreadsheet that operates under both LibreOffice Calc and Microsoft Excel. As always, it is both free and complete, with no teaser version leading to a pay version. It also includes a number of useful additional utilities. MME is available as a free download at the website seen in orange below.

Changes:
1) Adds more flexibility in selecting source or blended source waters and mineralization options with regard to both mash and sparge water. This feature was developed and implemented upon receiving a valued user request. I'm extremely grateful for the assistance this user then offered in Beta testing and debugging this release.
2) Additional bug fixes.

OP
Silver_Is_Money

Silver_Is_Money

Reaction score
NOTE: If you are experiencing any odd cell output errors in MME (such as cells displaying #VALUE!) when using LibreOffice version 6.4.5 or 6.4.7 (or any version earlier than these two), an upgrade to version 7.0.4 will correct this problem issue. 7.0.4 is their current "stable" edition. MME version 9.95 was developed using LibreOffice 7.0.4.

NOTE 2: LibreOffice version 7.1.0 is their current cutting edge 'testing' edition, and it very likely does not have all of the bugs worked out of it yet. Only try this version at your own risk. I have not tried it with MME. Oddly enough, this version comes up first on their "download" page. Scroll down to see the download for 7.0.4.

dperrigan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Larry. I've used MME twice now and have been happy with it. I'm entering a recipe now that uses CaraAroma. What Malt Classification should I use in the dropdown? I get very different pH predictions between selecting "Aromatic", "Roasted Malt", and "Caramel/Crystal"

Thanks!
Dan

OP
Silver_Is_Money

Silver_Is_Money

Reaction score
Hi Larry. I've used MME twice now and have been happy with it. I'm entering a recipe now that uses CaraAroma. What Malt Classification should I use in the dropdown? I get very different pH predictions between selecting "Aromatic", "Roasted Malt", and "Caramel/Crystal"

Thanks!
Dan
@dperrigan, CaraAroma is a Caramel/Crystal malt with a nominal color of 150 Lovibond (400 EBC).

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
I'm entering a recipe now that uses CaraAroma. What Malt Classification should I use in the dropdown? I get very different pH predictions between selecting "Aromatic", "Roasted Malt", and "Caramel/Crystal"
I wasn't sure, since most online stores describe it as roasted.
Like many (most?) caramel malts, Weyermann CaraAroma is drum roasted. But they are not deeply roasted malts in a mash pH model sense.

五月天婷五月天综合网_日本不卡免费一区二区_日日橹狠狠爱欧美视频